Welcome to Mrs. Baird’s Room!
Mrs. Tapley completed her undergraduate degree at Lake Forest College and her
“You have only failed if you have given up. Until then, it’s learning.” Author Unknown
Expectations for class:
- I believe that all of you are able to learn math at the highest levels.
- Come to class ready to learn and ask questions. Always ask yourself in math: why does this make sense?
- Math is not about speed. I want you to be thinking deeply, finding connections between topics, and learning how others think about math.
- Get ready to work in groups frequently. We will work on norms for great group behavior.
- Homework will be given out on Monday through Thursday. In that homework, it is okay to make mistakes. These mistakes grow your brain.
- I want you to experience a productive struggle in math. If it is easy, we need to dig deeper and find a challenge for you.