Welcome to Mrs. Wilson’s Room, The Puffin Nest!
I am a native Mainah, born in Bangor and have lived in several towns and cities. I attended schools in Falmouth, Portland and graduated from Mattanawcook Academy in Lincoln. I received a BA in English with an emphasis on creative writing from the University of Maine at Farmington. When my son was born I researched child development and philosophies of education and fell in love with Montessori’s theories and methods of educating “the absorbent mind”. I attended Maine Montessori Institute and interned at Stillwater Montessori school while Oliver was 2
I am the luckiest teacher in the building and am so honored to be a part of each of my students’ first Brooklin School experience. I am grateful for the opportunity to watch and be a part of their days and celebrate their growth and successes. Each day in the Puffin’s Nest is truly THE BEST DAY EVER!
“Children are the world’s most valuable resource and its best hope for the future.” –John F. Kennedy
Expectations for class:
- I believe that all of you are able to learn math at the highest levels.
- Come to class ready to learn and ask questions. Always ask yourself in math: why does this make sense?
- Math is not about speed. I want you to be thinking deeply, finding connections between topics, and learning how others think about math.
- Get ready to work in groups frequently. We will work on norms for great group behavior.
- Homework will be given out on Monday through Thursday. In that homework, it is okay to make mistakes. These mistakes grow your brain.
- I want you to experience a productive struggle in math. If it is easy, we need to dig deeper and find a challenge for you.
NEWS FROM The puffin nest
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.