Early Release tomorrow, Friday, September 27th
We will release at 1 PM for our first early release Friday.
Want more news on your child’s classroom? Check out the school webpage.
- Jenny Lewandowski for being the Picture Day volunteer.
Maine’s New Car Seat Laws
The new law states that children under two years old must be sitting in a rear-facing child safety seat. It also states that children under 55 pounds must sit in a safety seat with a five-point harness.
10/11/19 will be a regular school day for students and staff.
11/1/19 will be Parent/Teacher Conferences
7/8 Water Challenge
What’s going on?
While reading A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park, the 7th and 8th graders have decided that they can help people in South Sudan with limited access to clean water by raising money to support the Water for South Sudan organization and their efforts to build wells.
How can I help?
An easy way for you to help is to divert the money you might spend on beverages to donate to this fundraiser. Commit to drinking only tap water from now until October 4, keep track of the money you would have spent on soda, coffee, juice, etc., and donate it instead.
How do I donate?
There are several ways you can donate the money you collect during the water challenge:
• Visit bit.ly/brooklinwater and contribute online.
• Come to family movie night! The 7/8 class is hosting a viewing of “Finding Nemo” on October 4, and donations will be collected there.
• Send cash or check (written to “Water for South Sudan”) to school.
How can I learn more?
• The 7/8 class will be displaying their work on what they learned about the global water crisis at the movie night on 10/4.
• Visit teaghanandsayla.wixsite.com/brooklinwaterproject, which is a website made by 7/8 students.
• Visit waterforsouthsudan.org.
• Ask a Brooklin 7th or 8th grader!
Family Movie Night
On Friday, October 4th from 6-8PM the movie Finding Nemo will be shown at the Brooklin School. Help the 7/8 class raise money to help people who don’t have access to clean water. First, participate in the Water Challenge, and then come celebrate with a movie and snacks. Donations will go to Water for South Sudan.
- Friday, September 27th @ 7:30 am Coffee Social. Come have a cup of coffee and a snack.
- Sunday, October 6th, Pig roast and concert at the Brooklin Inn! Proceeds go to the Brooklin Backpack Program. Go buy your tickets online for this awesome event. There is a limited number of tickets.
- Warm Clothes Rack.
- Saturday, December 14th, Annual Holiday Craft Show 10-2. Great place to get unique holiday gifts. Mark your calendars now! If you are interested in participating in the Craft Show please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-266-1298
Warm Clothes Swap
Start looking through your kids outgrown gently used winter gear to see what you need and what you can donate. Save your kids clothes that they have grown out of and bring them into school if they are clean and not ripped. Soon there will be a rack of clean, warm clothes for you to go through. Leave what you can and take what you need.
9/26 4:00 PM Soccer Game at Blue Hill
9/27 1:00 PM Early Release
9/30 3-4:30 PM Soccer Practice
10/1 4:00 PM Soccer Game at Home vs. DISES
10/2 4:00 PM Soccer Game at Home vs. Blue Hill
10/3 4:00 PM Soccer Game at Home vs. Sedgwick
10/5 5:30 PM Funorama at Castine
10/7 7:15 AM Kieve for 7/8 Grades
10/14 No School—Holiday
10/15 4:00 PM Soccer Game at Surry
10/16 TBA Schoodic for 5/6 Grades
10/25 1:00 PM Early Release
10/31 2:00 PM Halloween Parade
11/1 Parent/Teacher Conferences—No School